CVS Caremark Prescription Service
CVS Caremark Prescription Service provides a complete spectrum
of prescription drug benefit programs to union members, retirees
and dependents across the country.
Through the relationship with the Midwest Employee Benefit Funds
Coalition, CVS Caremark makes available to all participating Funds the
opportunity to manage their prescription drug benefit costs by utilizing:
- A national pharmacy network of over 59,000 stores, representing
98% of all retail pharmacies.
- Mail Service for maintenance medications shipped throughout the country.
- State of the art Drug Utilization Review (DUR) programs
that integrate retail and mail service data.
- Single source 800 line to answer your members' questions
on all aspects of their prescription benefits.
- Voluntary Formulary Programs that reduce costs and let
Funds share in manufacturer's rebates.
- Quarterly management reports to help understand plan
spending and help project costs of future plan years.
- Advanced clinical management programs that address
quality of care issues for individuals utilizing multiple
medications and physicians.
- Disease Management Programs that focus on improving
quality of life and cost reduction of chronic illnesses.
- Pharmacists available 24 hours per day to handle emergency
calls through the 800 line.
- Caremark's mail service offers three options for ordering
prescription refills: Automated telephone service (RxRequest),
Internet (www.caremark.com) and through the mail. RxRequest
provides options for refilling a prescription, checking order status,
finding pharmacy locations and obtaining mail order/ claim forms.
- 24 / 7 Customer Service
Each participating Fund may take advantage of the attractive
discounts the Coalition has negotiated for these services while:
- Maintaining complete control over your plan design.
- Contracting directly with Caremark for the services that
best address your Funds' needs.
- Controlling your own eligibility.
- Maintaining fiduciary responsibility for funding the benefit.
- Members receive customized enrollment kits based on the Fund's